Beaches & Boating:
Hiking & Mountain Biking Trails:
- Merrimac residents have access to Lake Attitash on the border of Amesbury. Take Lake Attitash Road off of East Main St.
- Plum Island beaches are located just outside of Newburyport. This is less than 10 minutes.
- Salisbury State Reservation is a public beach located on Route 110, about 15 minutes away.
- New Hampshire's seacoast is just north of Salisbury.
- Merrimac Town Forrest is located off of Winter St. There are over 300 acres of well-marked hiking trails. Maps can be downloaded here.
- Lake Kenoza trails are just 5 minutes west on Route 110 and offers trails from one to six miles. P ark along the road inside the entrance to Winnekenni Castle at 347 Kenoza Ave. in Haverhill.
- New Hampshire's White Mountains are less than two hours away (Rt. 110 to I95 to Rt 16)
Massachusetts has a wide variety f bicycle trails available. Click here for more information
There are town fields located off Winter Street. Additional fields are available at Whitter tech.
Other nearby Retail Areas
- Stop & Shop, Rt 110 in Amesbury
- Market Basket, Rt 110 in Haverhill
- Vermette's Pond St, Amesbury
- Route 125 Plaistow: Groceries, Big box stores
- Route 110 Amesbury
- Route 113 Newbury
- Newburyport center
- Amesbury Center
Restaurants & Eateries
- Skips, 92 East Main St (978) 346-8686
- Rhythm Café, 12 School St, 978-346-0444
- DeLeos, 117 East Main St, (978) 346-4005
The bustling centers of Newburyport, Amesbury and Haverhill offer a wide variety of restaurants and cafes. Additional options are located on Route 125 in Plaistow.